Kool Aid Pickles
Posted: Dec 15 2014
If you’re feeling nostalgic for Kool-Aid juice packets from childhood, or are just looking for a way to sweeten up pickles, then this is the recipe for you. Kool-Aid pickles are easy to make, and make normal pickles just a bit sweeter (for your sweet tooth or for your children’s) without adding many excess calories. Even more fun, it dyes the pickles the color of the Kool-Aid, making this a colorful treat for any time of year!
For this recipe, you need:
1 jar (32 ounces) of whole dill pickles, undrained
2/3 cup sugar
1 envelope unsweetened Kool-Aid mix, flavor of your choice
This recipe can be completed in just 5 easy steps:
1. Drain pickles, reserving juice
2. In a small bowl, combine the reserved juice, sugar, and Kool-Aid, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
3. Slice pickles, and return them to the jar
4. Pour juice mixture over pickles. Discard any remaining juice.
5. Cover and refrigerate for 1 week before serving.
The best part is that your Kool-Aid pickles last in the refrigerator for up to 2 months! This recipe yields 3 cups.